mygpoclient-java is my attempt to port the Python mygpoclient to Java. I've tried to stay as close to the original Python source as possible so that developers that are comfortable with the Python version will be at home.
This port to Java is in support of my Podder client for Android.
- 20120819 - Interfaces added for standardized IFeeds and IPodcasts
- 20120819 - FeedServiceClient supports http://feeds.gpodder.net
- 20120816 - Added iTunesSearchApi and GoogleReaderApi to "extras" package.
- 20120718 - Transitioned to Gson library and removed Json.org dependency.
- 20120713 - FeedService implemented
- 20120604 - Project converted to Maven for dependency management.
- 20120530 - Original push to GitHub
This project uses Maven to manage dependencies and the build process.
If you plan to use Eclipse for development, you can create an Eclipse project with Maven:
$ git clone https://github.com/Dragontek/mygpoclient-java.git $ cd mygpoclient-java/mygpoclient-java $ mvn eclipse:eclipse
To generate javadocs with Maven. From that same directory:
$ mvn javadoc:javadoc $ firefox target/site/apidocs/index.html
To run the tests, you'll need to create a
client.properties file in the root folder of the project with
deviceId values in it.
WARNING: These tests will connect to the gPodder.net service, please don't abuse.
$ vi client.properties $ mvn test
NOTE: The client.properties file is in the .gitignore file so that it doesn't get pushed to the repository!
Finally, to package for use in your application:
$ mvn package -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Or if your project uses maven already, you can install it into your Maven repository:
$ mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Authors and Contributors
Lead Developer - Josh Mondragon @jmondragon.
The documentation for the gPodder.net API Webservice can be found here: http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Web_Services/API
Support or Contact
Please feel free to post any issues here: https://github.com/Dragontek/mygpoclient-java/issues or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.